Photo via: booking.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Spotted in the Hotel Lobby of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago by @americancraftcouncil From our one-of-kind art glass sculptures Melange Series shown in Aurora color. If a piece is created for one of our trade clients, sometimes we never know where our pieces land. We are happy to have found it in such a wonderful location. artglass fourseasonshotel chicago bernardKatz http://bernardkatz.com/
- This modern farmhouse plan gives you five bedrooms and a broad front porch with a screened porch in back.Inside you get an open floor plan with minimum walls on the first floor giving you views from the foyer to the dining room in back.An impressive gourmet kitchen features a giant furniture-style island that is open to the family room with fireplace. A small counter also connects it to the naturally-bright dining room.Angled French doors take you to the screened porch, great for 3 seasons, or 4 if you are building in a milder climate.An office off the foyer gives you private space with four windows.A loft space awaits at the top of the stairs.And youll find 4 bedrooms and a room over the garage – included in the total living area – that you can use as a media room, a play room or future space.The ceilings here vary in height and slope to add to the character designed into the home. Laundry is conveniently located off the landing.Related Plan: Get a wraparound porch and reverse layout with house plan 30082RT.NOTE: This plan cannot be built in VA at present or within a 50 mile radius of the VA/NC border
- KECK WEEK 2013 — From the Big Island of Hawaiʻi, a celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the W. M. Keck Observatory. March 16 marked the 20th anniversary of the very first science observations made by the Keck I telescope on Mauna Kea. The Observatory’s discoveries about our Universe alongside our unsurpassed technical innovations have made us the premier observatory on Earth. Friends of Keck Observatory organized a series of programs to commemorate our 20th year & what we have accomplished.
- Amazing retreats in Bali for all sorts of travelers and budgets. From solo to honeymooners, Bali is the ultimate travel destination so heres the low down on top Bali hotels for all pockets. Be it an affordable getaway or a luxury beach resort – Bali has
- We have had enamelware since the 1800s. However, like tupperware parties, the classic enamelware can cause a sneer of disdain. Perhaps it brings back memories of your grandma’s kitchen, it really shouldn’t though! Enamelware has had a bit of an overhaul, it is now very modern. You can find bright and bold patterns, making enamelware the perfect choice for today’s family home. We should all be considering adding a bit of enamel to our home. Enamelware is highly durable and smooth. Modern advances also means that the colour doesn’t fade with age. Some of today’s enamelware is even shatterproof. I have been drooling over enamel. I prefer the bold and quirky prints that can add interest to the blandest of rooms. Although white enamel is also having a bit of a revival. You can’t go wrong with a bit of classic white. Don’t feel like you have to keep your enamel indoors! Enamel plates make the perfect eco-friendly alternative to disposable plates. Durable enamel plates are perfect for picnics outdoors. I have curated my favourite enamelware for all of you. Will you be adding enamel to your home? Shop the look from our shop Related
- Hotel Droog, housed conspicuously in a 17th century building in the heart of Amsterdam, is one of THE design destinations in the city, let alone The Netherlands. It’s a high-concept, playful store where you can go for a drink, a bite to eat, shopping, exhibitions, a stroll in the garden, a lecture series, or even a bed for the night (despite the name they only have one single suite, after tight planning rules meant that they couldn’t expand their existing shop into a hotel). As Renny Ramakers, co-founder and director of Droog says: The concept of a hotel has been reversed. Whereas a hotel is usually mostly about sleeping, here we have enlarged and emphasized all the aspects that many hotels also offer and made them central to the hotel experience—and it even has a room to sleep in. Hôtel Droog brings all of our activities under one roof—from curation to product design, exhibitions and lectures—and invites people to plug in as they choose. I paid a visit while in the city for the weekend and had a …
- Academy Tiles is a leading Sidney based importer and supplier of tile in all forms, from minuscule glass and ceramic mosaic to giant porcelain and stone tiles. Academy Tiles is known internationally for its discerning eye for new trends and dynamic range, including the finest and most innovative product the tile industry has to offer.
- The contemporary design and beautiful brass frame make our Sydney Hurricane a welcome presence in an entryway or atop a side table. Sleek and sophisticated, the sturdy, modern piece holds a glass shade that shelters the flame and amplifies the glow. A beautiful way to show off a flickering candlelight, this all-weather hurricane provides beautiful illumination year-round. Frame is constructed of 100% brass with a glass hurricane insert Finished with a cold patina chemical dip or powdercoating Glass hurricane insert measures 7 dia. Medium holds a 4 x 6 candle; Large holds a 4 x 9 candle Candle sits directly on brass frame A Frontgate exclusive Imported
- Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest StumbleUponWe all like to think of our homes in terms of the comfort it brings us as well as the way it looks and that is why there is so much interest in decorating one’s home. But most of us when faced with the space we call home have no idea…
- shares Facebook Twitter Pinterest TumblrWe all like to think of our homes in terms of the comfort it brings us as well as the way it looks and that is why there is so much interest in decorating one’s home. But most of us when faced with the space we call home have no idea…
- 1. Bound Bar, Paris 49 Avenue George V, 75008 Paris, France Discover one of the best nightspots in Paris: the Bound Bar. Decorated with a groovy rock style, this contemporary chic set has as its masterpoint the pink metallic bar. Around we can see bead curtains, crocodile leather bar stools and postmodernist artworks displayed on plasma screen TVs – in fact, it’s a splash of decadent New York in the heart of Paris. The terrace, overlooking the celebrated Avenue George V, is a perfect spot to enjoy drinks or sushi during the summer months. At night the bar completely transforms itself into a buzzing house club complete with atmospheric lighting making it a popular haunt for the city’s cultural and financial elite. 2. Milk&Honey 61 Poland St, London, Greater London W1F 7NU Milk & Honey – which can also be found in New York – has high standards in terms of its décor, atmosphere and clientele. The quality of the drinks is visible: the ice for your drinks doesn’t come from a chugging machine in the corner but rather from a large block of frozen mineral water from which your ice-cubes are cut away by hand with a small ice pick… The bar staff have everything organized and truly in hand. Non-members are permitted to drink there until 11pm, after which time the club is only open to members who have, of course, announced their intention to drop by first. But as a small consolation, at least you have the chance to visit London’s Milk & Honey at all; after all, the main bar in New York is exclusively for the use of members. 3. Berlin’s Riva Bar Dircksenstraße 142, 10178 Berlin, Germany Riva Bar is one of Berlin’s most glam location: a real mix of the old and the new. Situated in the nouveau riche district of Mitte, surprise yourself with the origin of its name: it is from legendary 70s soccer star Luigi Riva. Centrepiece of this establishment is the elegant oval-shaped bar which is adorned with thick, dark drapes. The bar is especially attractive in summer as it has its own terrace – perfect for sipping a lazy cocktail. 4. Sky Bar, Tel Aviv 14 Abba Hilel St, Tel Aviv, Israe The aptly names Sky Bar, high above the Mediterranean coastline, provides a spectacular location for panoramic views of Beirut. The bar is a local living legend and even its recent move from the Palm Beach Hotel to the glamorous Biel high-rise did nothing to damage its reputation. A glittering mix of local celebs, TV stars and Western tourists descend on the Sky Bar every weekend where the champagne flows and the electro beats get the crowd pumping. One thing to bear in mind; if you’re planning to visit here after 9pm it’s advisable to book to ensure you can get in. 5. Velvet Lounge, Shangai 913号 Julu Rd, Jing’an, Shanghai, China If it’s the excitement and decadence of Shanghai you want to experience then the city’s Velvet Lounge is the place to be. The former Casanova Restaurant has transformed itself into an elegant and atmospheric lounge bar which attracts a curious and diverse mix of locals; important businessmen, local hipsters and underground musicians are likely to mingle here among the warm red and black décor with a generous helping of Western tourists (mostly Europeans). The prices here are relatively moderate and the weekend music programme is mostly made up of house music courtesy of the guest DJs. |
- Some of you will have seen the title of this post and rolled your eyes in disgust, and I get it: the fetishization of French style can be a tad ridiculous. To take such a large, varied country and attempt to distill its aesthetic into a formula to be duplicated the world over is futile. Regardless, its a game the rest of the world loves to play.