Photo via: chaptertravel.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Hotel Droog, housed conspicuously in a 17th century building in the heart of Amsterdam, is one of THE design destinations in the city, let alone The Netherlands. It’s a high-concept, playful store where you can go for a drink, a bite to eat, shopping, exhibitions, a stroll in the garden, a lecture series, or even a bed for the night (despite the name they only have one single suite, after tight planning rules meant that they couldn’t expand their existing shop into a hotel). As Renny Ramakers, co-founder and director of Droog says: The concept of a hotel has been reversed. Whereas a hotel is usually mostly about sleeping, here we have enlarged and emphasized all the aspects that many hotels also offer and made them central to the hotel experience—and it even has a room to sleep in. Hôtel Droog brings all of our activities under one roof—from curation to product design, exhibitions and lectures—and invites people to plug in as they choose. I paid a visit while in the city for the weekend and had a …
- What to see in Santorini? The sunset in Oia is only one of the best things to do in Santorini. Check what else to do there!
- Where to eat and stay and what to see and do on the Isle of Wight
- Where to stay, eat, drink and shop in Byron Bay, Bangalow, Brunswick Heads and Mullumbimby
- Restaurants, beach bars, markets, bakeries and bistros to eat at in Barcelona
- 1. Bound Bar, Paris 49 Avenue George V, 75008 Paris, France Discover one of the best nightspots in Paris: the Bound Bar. Decorated with a groovy rock style, this contemporary chic set has as its masterpoint the pink metallic bar. Around we can see bead curtains, crocodile leather bar stools and postmodernist artworks displayed on plasma screen TVs – in fact, it’s a splash of decadent New York in the heart of Paris. The terrace, overlooking the celebrated Avenue George V, is a perfect spot to enjoy drinks or sushi during the summer months. At night the bar completely transforms itself into a buzzing house club complete with atmospheric lighting making it a popular haunt for the city’s cultural and financial elite. 2. Milk&Honey 61 Poland St, London, Greater London W1F 7NU Milk & Honey – which can also be found in New York – has high standards in terms of its décor, atmosphere and clientele. The quality of the drinks is visible: the ice for your drinks doesn’t come from a chugging machine in the corner but rather from a large block of frozen mineral water from which your ice-cubes are cut away by hand with a small ice pick… The bar staff have everything organized and truly in hand. Non-members are permitted to drink there until 11pm, after which time the club is only open to members who have, of course, announced their intention to drop by first. But as a small consolation, at least you have the chance to visit London’s Milk & Honey at all; after all, the main bar in New York is exclusively for the use of members. 3. Berlin’s Riva Bar Dircksenstraße 142, 10178 Berlin, Germany Riva Bar is one of Berlin’s most glam location: a real mix of the old and the new. Situated in the nouveau riche district of Mitte, surprise yourself with the origin of its name: it is from legendary 70s soccer star Luigi Riva. Centrepiece of this establishment is the elegant oval-shaped bar which is adorned with thick, dark drapes. The bar is especially attractive in summer as it has its own terrace – perfect for sipping a lazy cocktail. 4. Sky Bar, Tel Aviv 14 Abba Hilel St, Tel Aviv, Israe The aptly names Sky Bar, high above the Mediterranean coastline, provides a spectacular location for panoramic views of Beirut. The bar is a local living legend and even its recent move from the Palm Beach Hotel to the glamorous Biel high-rise did nothing to damage its reputation. A glittering mix of local celebs, TV stars and Western tourists descend on the Sky Bar every weekend where the champagne flows and the electro beats get the crowd pumping. One thing to bear in mind; if you’re planning to visit here after 9pm it’s advisable to book to ensure you can get in. 5. Velvet Lounge, Shangai 913号 Julu Rd, Jing’an, Shanghai, China If it’s the excitement and decadence of Shanghai you want to experience then the city’s Velvet Lounge is the place to be. The former Casanova Restaurant has transformed itself into an elegant and atmospheric lounge bar which attracts a curious and diverse mix of locals; important businessmen, local hipsters and underground musicians are likely to mingle here among the warm red and black décor with a generous helping of Western tourists (mostly Europeans). The prices here are relatively moderate and the weekend music programme is mostly made up of house music courtesy of the guest DJs. |
- Looking for a place to stay in Zadar, Croatia? Check out our list of the best hostels in Zadar. Get reviews, prices and detailed information right here.
- Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok Readers Choice Rating: 97.9 Rooms: 98 Service: 98.7 Food: 97.4 Location: 97.4 Design: 98 Activities: 91.8
- this is about honing in on the things i love in the worlds of style / interior design / fashion, how they inspire me, and what role i want them to play in my life, both present & future. these are my…
- Where To Eat During Fashion Week – New York City Restaurants – Harpers BAZAAR
- This listing for TWO pillow covers; One Pink and Gold Arrows and One Black and Gold Polka Dots. They are also sold separately, the links are below. These covers are made by me in a smoke free and pet free home. PILLOW FACTS: ∞ Sewn and Serged for a professional finish ∞ Envelope Closure ∞ Same fabric on front and back ∞ 100% Cotton/ Machine Wash Cold/Tumble Dry Low SIZES: All of our pillow covers are made to fit the size of the listing and are actually 1 smaller. This ensures a snug fit and a plumper looking pillow. Please check out all of our items for sale: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PoutySprouts?ref=shopsection_shophome_leftnav INSERTS: https://www.etsy.com/shop/PoutySprouts?section_id=18700630&ref=shopsection_leftnav_1 SWATCHES: https://www.etsy.com/listing/271251657/sample-fabric-swatch-pillow-cover-fabric?ref=shop_home_active_1 This insures that you are getting what you want because we DO NOT accept returns. We try and make every photo look as accurate as possible but all computer and phone screens are calibrated different. Pink and Gold Arrows: https://www.etsy.com/listing/273934782/pink-and-gold-arrow-pillow-cover-pink?ref=shop_home_active_2 Black and Gold Polka Dots: https://www.etsy.com/listing/273935898/black-and-gold-throw-pillow-cover-gold?ref=listing-shop-header-0
- Spotted in the Hotel Lobby of Four Seasons Hotel Chicago by @americancraftcouncil From our one-of-kind art glass sculptures Melange Series shown in Aurora color. If a piece is created for one of our trade clients, sometimes we never know where our pieces land. We are happy to have found it in such a wonderful location. artglass fourseasonshotel chicago bernardKatz http://bernardkatz.com/