Photo via: telegraph.co.uk
You may also be interested in 🙂
- 1. Bound Bar, Paris 49 Avenue George V, 75008 Paris, France Discover one of the best nightspots in Paris: the Bound Bar. Decorated with a groovy rock style, this contemporary chic set has as its masterpoint the pink metallic bar. Around we can see bead curtains, crocodile leather bar stools and postmodernist artworks displayed on plasma screen TVs – in fact, it’s a splash of decadent New York in the heart of Paris. The terrace, overlooking the celebrated Avenue George V, is a perfect spot to enjoy drinks or sushi during the summer months. At night the bar completely transforms itself into a buzzing house club complete with atmospheric lighting making it a popular haunt for the city’s cultural and financial elite. 2. Milk&Honey 61 Poland St, London, Greater London W1F 7NU Milk & Honey – which can also be found in New York – has high standards in terms of its décor, atmosphere and clientele. The quality of the drinks is visible: the ice for your drinks doesn’t come from a chugging machine in the corner but rather from a large block of frozen mineral water from which your ice-cubes are cut away by hand with a small ice pick… The bar staff have everything organized and truly in hand. Non-members are permitted to drink there until 11pm, after which time the club is only open to members who have, of course, announced their intention to drop by first. But as a small consolation, at least you have the chance to visit London’s Milk & Honey at all; after all, the main bar in New York is exclusively for the use of members. 3. Berlin’s Riva Bar Dircksenstraße 142, 10178 Berlin, Germany Riva Bar is one of Berlin’s most glam location: a real mix of the old and the new. Situated in the nouveau riche district of Mitte, surprise yourself with the origin of its name: it is from legendary 70s soccer star Luigi Riva. Centrepiece of this establishment is the elegant oval-shaped bar which is adorned with thick, dark drapes. The bar is especially attractive in summer as it has its own terrace – perfect for sipping a lazy cocktail. 4. Sky Bar, Tel Aviv 14 Abba Hilel St, Tel Aviv, Israe The aptly names Sky Bar, high above the Mediterranean coastline, provides a spectacular location for panoramic views of Beirut. The bar is a local living legend and even its recent move from the Palm Beach Hotel to the glamorous Biel high-rise did nothing to damage its reputation. A glittering mix of local celebs, TV stars and Western tourists descend on the Sky Bar every weekend where the champagne flows and the electro beats get the crowd pumping. One thing to bear in mind; if you’re planning to visit here after 9pm it’s advisable to book to ensure you can get in. 5. Velvet Lounge, Shangai 913号 Julu Rd, Jing’an, Shanghai, China If it’s the excitement and decadence of Shanghai you want to experience then the city’s Velvet Lounge is the place to be. The former Casanova Restaurant has transformed itself into an elegant and atmospheric lounge bar which attracts a curious and diverse mix of locals; important businessmen, local hipsters and underground musicians are likely to mingle here among the warm red and black décor with a generous helping of Western tourists (mostly Europeans). The prices here are relatively moderate and the weekend music programme is mostly made up of house music courtesy of the guest DJs. |
- the idea of using small bright/cool/patterned cushions on barstools to brighten up/add interest to bar space in a cafe like this
- master bath: glass shower wall against vanity, bump-out wall across the whole thing…orientation would be different, with window in the shower, but this is pretty rad.
- Hot dining room table. I love high gloss white and brushed stainless steel. This feels manly but still sleek and modern. Yum.
- entryway table inspiration…a little too cluttered for me but I like the table & the idea. Hmmm.
- Sexy dining room chair. Id get that if I didnt have my clear ones already. I keep thinking clear plastic and glass are better, to keep the place looking bright and airy and not block the view of the windows. But Im also drawn to white things. Whats the right answer?
- Graffiti Cafe by Studio MODE at Varna Bulgaria… – Graffiti Cafe in Bulgaria s Black Sea capital Varna has been declared the best bar in the world The Bulgarian project designed by Svetoslav Todorov from STUDIO MODE prevailed over all other contestants not only in the International Zone Europe category but was bestowed the grand prix of the Restaurant.
- I am sorry, but I just love these Niche Modern pendants. Hand-blown glass, transluscent colors, exposed bulbs and filaments… understated and gorgeous. I love to check in on their site every n…
- Great use of pallets as a wall covering
- If youre anything like me, you LOVE the Art Deco period. Sleek, sexy lines, classy styling and expensive taste! But there is more to Art Deco than the Great Gatsby! Get the basics of the Art Deco period nailed in less than ten mins in this post.
- LOVE this wall!!! Suitcase wall from the studio of artist Gail Rieke, via Cafe Cartolina/Poppytalk.
- If you want a beautiful colorful coastal dining room but dont have the time or energy to pick out artwork and furniture then Im here to help! In this post Ive put together some my favorite abstract canvas prints and modern sculpture with furniture from Wayfair (which I love!) to create a complete dining room. All artwork and furniture is available for purchase…just click the images.