Photo via: luxurytraveladvisor.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- 1. Bound Bar, Paris 49 Avenue George V, 75008 Paris, France Discover one of the best nightspots in Paris: the Bound Bar. Decorated with a groovy rock style, this contemporary chic set has as its masterpoint the pink metallic bar. Around we can see bead curtains, crocodile leather bar stools and postmodernist artworks displayed on plasma screen TVs – in fact, it’s a splash of decadent New York in the heart of Paris. The terrace, overlooking the celebrated Avenue George V, is a perfect spot to enjoy drinks or sushi during the summer months. At night the bar completely transforms itself into a buzzing house club complete with atmospheric lighting making it a popular haunt for the city’s cultural and financial elite. 2. Milk&Honey 61 Poland St, London, Greater London W1F 7NU Milk & Honey – which can also be found in New York – has high standards in terms of its décor, atmosphere and clientele. The quality of the drinks is visible: the ice for your drinks doesn’t come from a chugging machine in the corner but rather from a large block of frozen mineral water from which your ice-cubes are cut away by hand with a small ice pick… The bar staff have everything organized and truly in hand. Non-members are permitted to drink there until 11pm, after which time the club is only open to members who have, of course, announced their intention to drop by first. But as a small consolation, at least you have the chance to visit London’s Milk & Honey at all; after all, the main bar in New York is exclusively for the use of members. 3. Berlin’s Riva Bar Dircksenstraße 142, 10178 Berlin, Germany Riva Bar is one of Berlin’s most glam location: a real mix of the old and the new. Situated in the nouveau riche district of Mitte, surprise yourself with the origin of its name: it is from legendary 70s soccer star Luigi Riva. Centrepiece of this establishment is the elegant oval-shaped bar which is adorned with thick, dark drapes. The bar is especially attractive in summer as it has its own terrace – perfect for sipping a lazy cocktail. 4. Sky Bar, Tel Aviv 14 Abba Hilel St, Tel Aviv, Israe The aptly names Sky Bar, high above the Mediterranean coastline, provides a spectacular location for panoramic views of Beirut. The bar is a local living legend and even its recent move from the Palm Beach Hotel to the glamorous Biel high-rise did nothing to damage its reputation. A glittering mix of local celebs, TV stars and Western tourists descend on the Sky Bar every weekend where the champagne flows and the electro beats get the crowd pumping. One thing to bear in mind; if you’re planning to visit here after 9pm it’s advisable to book to ensure you can get in. 5. Velvet Lounge, Shangai 913号 Julu Rd, Jing’an, Shanghai, China If it’s the excitement and decadence of Shanghai you want to experience then the city’s Velvet Lounge is the place to be. The former Casanova Restaurant has transformed itself into an elegant and atmospheric lounge bar which attracts a curious and diverse mix of locals; important businessmen, local hipsters and underground musicians are likely to mingle here among the warm red and black décor with a generous helping of Western tourists (mostly Europeans). The prices here are relatively moderate and the weekend music programme is mostly made up of house music courtesy of the guest DJs. |
- This modern farmhouse plan gives you five bedrooms and a broad front porch with a screened porch in back.Inside you get an open floor plan with minimum walls on the first floor giving you views from the foyer to the dining room in back.An impressive gourmet kitchen features a giant furniture-style island that is open to the family room with fireplace. A small counter also connects it to the naturally-bright dining room.Angled French doors take you to the screened porch, great for 3 seasons, or 4 if you are building in a milder climate.An office off the foyer gives you private space with four windows.A loft space awaits at the top of the stairs.And youll find 4 bedrooms and a room over the garage – included in the total living area – that you can use as a media room, a play room or future space.The ceilings here vary in height and slope to add to the character designed into the home. Laundry is conveniently located off the landing.Related Plan: Get a wraparound porch and reverse layout with house plan 30082RT.NOTE: This plan cannot be built in VA at present or within a 50 mile radius of the VA/NC border
- Sitting next door to the City Market, with views of the steeple at St. Philip’s Church, this Historic District inn channels much of what people love about Charleston. Indeed, the hotel offers a Southern take on boutique hotel amenities: ladyfingers and bubbly at check-in, and a bottomless supply of sweet iced tea.
- Vanderbilt Grace: Built in 1909 by Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt, this Newport, Rhode Island mansion has been restored to its original turn-of-the-century grandeur. Now, the Vanderbilt Grace offers 33 rooms and an on-site spa and is just a few minutes walk from the towns popular waterfront.
- The owners bought the building about sixteen years ago and have since turned it into a green oasis. Beauty is in the detail: decorative pillows scattered all over the place, natural light that floods the rooms and the wonderful food. The basic atmosphere is rustic, with a cozy ambiance. goodmood
- The latest Tweets from Frédéric Clad (@FredericClad). Founder of THE FARM (@THEFARMparis) the digital communication agency for the Arts artmarket museum collector ITHE FARM is a place where you can grow, be lush. Paris
- From the beginning of this project we had a very clear vision for the downstairs of the Amsden and purchased the building with specific business ventures in mind. Theres currently no local coffee shop in downtown Versailles and we just think thats something every little cute town shoul
- Fresh Touch White Cymbidium Orchid Artificial Vase Display This white vase display, made with 14 premium quality stems of cymbidium orchids, is ideal for decorating your home or for hotel foyers and reception areas. The real touch flowers come fully assembled in a clear glass vase. Pure white floral arrangement ideal for any colour scheme. We can match our artificial floral arrangements to absolutely any colour, just send us your swatch! We can also create vase displays to suit, just send us a picture of the room or give us a call and well create something perfect for you.
- Best hotels in Bangkok, Things to do in Bangkok, Where to eat in Bangkok, What activities to do in Bangkok, Best temples in Bangkok, Culture in Bangkok, Wanderlust, Where to have drinks in Bangkok, Best bars in Bangkok, Wats in Bangkok
- The Lounge – offers that extra bit of space and luxury, with a large corner sofa as well as a powder room for guests. This room can easily be combined with The Executive. hotel bahrain gcc middleeast travel hospitality hotelroom style fashion luxury stay work play
- For those who couldn’t join us at the new Beach Market but are curious about the space, we’ve assembled a photo tour to give you the lay of the land. Right this way, please. [ Curb Appeal ] From the…
- Hotel Droog, housed conspicuously in a 17th century building in the heart of Amsterdam, is one of THE design destinations in the city, let alone The Netherlands. It’s a high-concept, playful store where you can go for a drink, a bite to eat, shopping, exhibitions, a stroll in the garden, a lecture series, or even a bed for the night (despite the name they only have one single suite, after tight planning rules meant that they couldn’t expand their existing shop into a hotel). As Renny Ramakers, co-founder and director of Droog says: The concept of a hotel has been reversed. Whereas a hotel is usually mostly about sleeping, here we have enlarged and emphasized all the aspects that many hotels also offer and made them central to the hotel experience—and it even has a room to sleep in. Hôtel Droog brings all of our activities under one roof—from curation to product design, exhibitions and lectures—and invites people to plug in as they choose. I paid a visit while in the city for the weekend and had a …