Photo via: realslidinghardware.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- The contemporary design and beautiful brass frame make our Sydney Hurricane a welcome presence in an entryway or atop a side table. Sleek and sophisticated, the sturdy, modern piece holds a glass shade that shelters the flame and amplifies the glow. A beautiful way to show off a flickering candlelight, this all-weather hurricane provides beautiful illumination year-round. Frame is constructed of 100% brass with a glass hurricane insert Finished with a cold patina chemical dip or powdercoating Glass hurricane insert measures 7 dia. Medium holds a 4 x 6 candle; Large holds a 4 x 9 candle Candle sits directly on brass frame A Frontgate exclusive Imported
- This is a hotel in Singapore, and I *love* it. I just think its so clever to have so much green space while way up in the air.
- Best way to see the Northern Lights… if only they had this in Iceland. Finland is on the list, just not at the top with Iceland.
- One of the best places in Milan, Pasticceria Marchesi just opened during fashion week but has actually been around since 1824. The historic Milanese pastry shop was recently bought by Prada and in addition to the original landmark location at Via Santa Maria alla Porta, 11a, they have opened a new pastel colored jewel box at the fashionable Via Monte Napoleone, 9. You can grab a coffee at the stand up bar or sit down for lunch, that is if you can find a seat.
- 1. Bound Bar, Paris 49 Avenue George V, 75008 Paris, France Discover one of the best nightspots in Paris: the Bound Bar. Decorated with a groovy rock style, this contemporary chic set has as its masterpoint the pink metallic bar. Around we can see bead curtains, crocodile leather bar stools and postmodernist artworks displayed on plasma screen TVs – in fact, it’s a splash of decadent New York in the heart of Paris. The terrace, overlooking the celebrated Avenue George V, is a perfect spot to enjoy drinks or sushi during the summer months. At night the bar completely transforms itself into a buzzing house club complete with atmospheric lighting making it a popular haunt for the city’s cultural and financial elite. 2. Milk&Honey 61 Poland St, London, Greater London W1F 7NU Milk & Honey – which can also be found in New York – has high standards in terms of its décor, atmosphere and clientele. The quality of the drinks is visible: the ice for your drinks doesn’t come from a chugging machine in the corner but rather from a large block of frozen mineral water from which your ice-cubes are cut away by hand with a small ice pick… The bar staff have everything organized and truly in hand. Non-members are permitted to drink there until 11pm, after which time the club is only open to members who have, of course, announced their intention to drop by first. But as a small consolation, at least you have the chance to visit London’s Milk & Honey at all; after all, the main bar in New York is exclusively for the use of members. 3. Berlin’s Riva Bar Dircksenstraße 142, 10178 Berlin, Germany Riva Bar is one of Berlin’s most glam location: a real mix of the old and the new. Situated in the nouveau riche district of Mitte, surprise yourself with the origin of its name: it is from legendary 70s soccer star Luigi Riva. Centrepiece of this establishment is the elegant oval-shaped bar which is adorned with thick, dark drapes. The bar is especially attractive in summer as it has its own terrace – perfect for sipping a lazy cocktail. 4. Sky Bar, Tel Aviv 14 Abba Hilel St, Tel Aviv, Israe The aptly names Sky Bar, high above the Mediterranean coastline, provides a spectacular location for panoramic views of Beirut. The bar is a local living legend and even its recent move from the Palm Beach Hotel to the glamorous Biel high-rise did nothing to damage its reputation. A glittering mix of local celebs, TV stars and Western tourists descend on the Sky Bar every weekend where the champagne flows and the electro beats get the crowd pumping. One thing to bear in mind; if you’re planning to visit here after 9pm it’s advisable to book to ensure you can get in. 5. Velvet Lounge, Shangai 913号 Julu Rd, Jing’an, Shanghai, China If it’s the excitement and decadence of Shanghai you want to experience then the city’s Velvet Lounge is the place to be. The former Casanova Restaurant has transformed itself into an elegant and atmospheric lounge bar which attracts a curious and diverse mix of locals; important businessmen, local hipsters and underground musicians are likely to mingle here among the warm red and black décor with a generous helping of Western tourists (mostly Europeans). The prices here are relatively moderate and the weekend music programme is mostly made up of house music courtesy of the guest DJs. |
- Juni, from Kasthall, is the month of Midsummer, and the pattern is a tribute to Scandinavian traditional costumes and the profusion of flowers in early summer. The self-coloured border on the long sides of the rug is inspired by old wall hangings, with a contrasting selvage. A combination of bouclé and worsted pile creates a beautiful relief pattern which shows off the sheen and texture of premium-quality wool.
- Beautiful desk chair. But is it comfy? My desk chair is the one place I want to prioritize comfort, because Ill be coming up with my masterpieces while sitting in it.
- Interior Design group Autoban has restored and renovated a four-story mansion from the 1890’s to create the House Hotel*Galatasaray. With only 20 spacious suites, The House Hotel in the old district of Cukurcuma/Galatasaray in Istanbul is a study in mixing the old in with the new.
- I am currently on a new personal mission to get out and explore more of this amazing city that we live in, it seems to be the perfect way to immerse myself in design, art, photography and interior styling to share with you, not to mention finding some pretty funky spaces. Today Im at the ne
- Since we are in the month of love… I thought Id share one way that I show myself self love, one of the most important ways we can love. I carve out spaces in my home that are just for me. Just for the time that I spend with myself, whether its writing, sitting, stretching, drawing some tar
- Lee Valleys new Countersunk Washers solve the problem of screw heads splitting stock. The washer/screw combination applies force the same way a pan-head screw does, but is counterbored to a flush position. Theyre availabe in brass or stainless steel, in 6, 8 and 10 sizes, A package of 10 is $3.40 – $7.20, and theyre available direct from Lee Valley. More information is available here.
- To bring the interiors of a landmarked 18th-century Paris hôtel particulier back to what he calls “the spirit of the original,” Francois Catroux had to undo a 19th-century intervention — and get permission from the Bureau de la protection des monuments historiques to do so. “I transformed the inside completely to return to the purity of the original style,” he says. “All the architecture you see is new.”